Problems are part of the lives of people coming from all walks of lives. Such problems exert different influences on its victims. Some people take it lightly until they grow gruesome and some others address them well on time to contain it from becoming a terminal thing. Man should not be afraid of problems as Ernest Hemingway has rightly said in his famous novel The Old Man and the Sea that problems are our friends and brothers; man cannot be defeated as man is not made for defeat. No doubt there are challenges for the students. We should face the problems courageously and instead of giving in, conquer them. The following are some of the common problems and proposed solutions for them:
This problem is especially by those who are boarders and they are away from their homes. Shifting from home to any alien city for the sake of getting education for the first time can be difficult. This issue is more common with the new students who are more loving among their siblings and are over dependent over a particular life style which is not possible out the house. No one may be expected to be at your becks and calls in the hostel.
- Keep yourselves engaged in co-curricular activities which are organized inside and out the campuses.
- This will also help in development of different domains of mind and personality.
- This will get you involved in many activities and events held in the college or university which will increase motivation and produce interest for being there.
In student life, exams and study could be always stressful because we feel under-pressure to bring better results for face saving before our family and friends. Depressions always fallow in every stage of life but it does not mean that we lose our hope and get stressed for a long time.
- If someone is going through this situation he should make himself psychologically powerful and brave to stand against the hard situation.
- He should know that if this depression and stress take over your mind stay there for a long time then your all skills would be ruined. Mind that start of tension is the end of talent and free thinking.
- For this you should watch some motivational videos which are available on the internet; read some articles or the best way is to write down your emotions in your diary and share everything with your closest friend.
You are lucky if you have friends in the society because socialization prepares you to participate with experiences in the society. It will help you in developing your skills and personality but we know that excess of anything is not good so as here. If your relationships and friends’ network takeover the control of your life and emotions, then it will become so hard to get back everything in to its original state in your life. Sometimes relationships become nothing other than distraction.
- You need to realize that no one cares about you and your success more than you do.
- No doubt socialization is a very important part of life, but it is just a part of life not your entire life.
- Keeping your society interested in you is just by working on yourself to get succeed in your life. If you are successful you will have more friends and relationships.
If a student is not guided well from the beginning of his education in the mid he will not be sure about his course selection. If a student is unsure about the courses and which procedures should be followed to get the right way then he would definitely face problems. This will lead to switching of fields and courses at late times which is not good for the career health.
- First of all a student should be guided well from the beginning that could help him in his decision making power for his course and field selection.
- If it is not done from the scratch not at all it’s never too late if he wakes up and starts thinking about it. He can follow the procedure of career path selection to find out the best field and course that suits him, either he can concern any counselor to guide him.
In the current day it is very hard to afford educational expenses by the parents. Many students stop education and start earning for their family survival. The students who are outside their home cities are facing financial problems; in the mid of month they face shortage of money and their parents cannot support them at that time in a full way. It results depression, isolation from society and lack of motivation and interest for personal grooming.
- We need to realize that the problem is not with the financial status of our families. The real problem is with our financial management. We need to manage the money and stop spending it on our luxuries when it is start of the month.
- There are financial aids for needy students in every institute by the help which you can pursue you education. Even students can earn money by doing part time job to assist their educational expenses but doing the job should not disturb the principal purpose that is acquiring education.
Lack of Career Guidance
Everyone is worried about the career and selection of field. Students are very much confused with the field selection they think the field they have selected has no scope in the market. They always blame their parents and teachers for the lack of career guidance in their lives. By keeping all this in mind and doing nothing will push you towards failure and nothing else.
- No field has scope; the scope lies within the person. If he is able to do anything he can choose any subject and achieve his goals with good spirit.
- In today’s technology world it is untrue to say that we are facing issues with career guidance and counseling. Technology has made everything easily accessible; everything regarding education and professional counseling is available over the internet. There are forums to share your issues for getting better suggestions.
These were some of the most common issues faced by the students in their lives. For detailed guidance and for finding solutions to any other problems if any, search for the online resources of career counseling or consult any successful person living in the vicinity.